Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Building Prices

Hi there, just wondering what your opinion is on the likelihood of building prices increasing in the next few months? I have been advised by various builders that the prices will go up by February, but I'm not sure if they are just telling me that to push me into building quicker. I have been told by a real estate agent that with the way the economy is at the moment, building costs are in fact expected to fall.

From: Sarah

Location: South Australia

1 comment:

Toop&Toop Real Estate said...

Hard to say Sarah several other agencies now affect the issue, certainly stats late last year suggested that building approvals were falling in the year (maybe why they were encouraging you to sign up so soon) This could mean cheaper rates to build as competition grows, but with the Qld & Vic floods tradespeople maybe lured to the east coast and this will put pressure on costs with a shrinking workforce.

Regards,
Tim Thredgold